Golden Reel £50,000 Competition Rules
- Each venue participating will have their own set of fishery rules.
- You must abide by the hosting fishery rules and regulations to avoid the possibility of disqualification.
- Any criminal activity undertaken whilst on venue premises will result in disqualification and the appropriate action taken.
- Fishing times will be : draw 9am, fishing 11-4pm or 12-5pm.
Fishing times will be announced by each hosting fishery on the day.
- A competitor at each qualifier will only be allowed on single draw per match.
- No excessive advertising by competitors will be allowed, unless prior approval has been obtained from the organisers.
- All qualifiers for the grand final may be required to participate in publicity to further promote the Golden Reel events.
- All organisers decisions are final.
- Barbless Hooks
- Feeder allowed, both method & banjo
- Rod and line fishing allowed, both feeder & float
- Pole fishing allowed, no restriction on length, unless the fishery applies a maximum length.
- No bloodworm or joker
- No floating baits
- Bait limit as per hosting venue rules
- 5hr match duration
- Keepnets as per hosting venue rules
- All anglers must comply to the venue rules and regulations at all times.
- Tickets are available at £50 per ticket.
This cost includes all administration, peg fees & any applicable taxes for the chosen venue. No other costs will apply other than the optional pools, which may be available at the chosen venue.
- Tickets will not be available to purchase at any participating or non-participating venues.
Tickets are only available via the official Golden Reel Angling Ltd website https://goldenreelangling.co.uk/
- All tickets issued are subject to the strict rules and regulations of the competition. Ticket holders must conform with both the rules of the competition and the participating venue fishery rules.
- If you’ve purchased a ticket but for whatever reason you cannot participate, you can transfer your ticket to a friend or associate.
If you transfer your ticket, the name change needs to be recorded with the official at the hosting venue prior to the draw.
There is no need to complete the name change online. Simply bring the official ticket and register your name change with the officials on the day before completion of the draw.
- If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, we will use reasonable means to notify the original ticket holders / competitors of the changes made in good time.
- Tickets will be issued to the registered email address.
- Tickets will be available (subject to availability) up to 12 noon on the Friday before the Saturday or Sunday qualifiers. In the case of mid-week qualifiers, ticket availability will close at 12 noon on the day before the mid-week qualifier.
- Each qualifier will be subject to a countdown system by way of ticket sales.
The counter will automatically engage when ticket sales reach 50 tickets or less remaining.
When all tickets are sold for a participating venue a post will be visible reading “All tickets sold”
Printing off your ticket
- It is important that the correct competitor’s name is entered when purchasing tickets.
- Your ticket will be delivered via email and will need to be printed from email.
- Arrive no later than the stipulated draw time (9am)
Produce your official printed ticket and hand to the event organiser.
In the event that you are unable to print off your ticket, make careful note of your ticket number which will be required to enable your entry.
It may be important to have further ID in case of any disputes.
- Double check that your official ticket is for the correct venue & date.
- Under no circumstance will tickets be refunded. If a ticket has been purchased from a reseller, it is the responsibility of the re-seller as to whether a refund is issued or not.
- All transfers must be registered with the official at the hosting venue prior to the draw. The official ticket must be produced, so the relevant name change can be made on the day of the qualifier. Failure to produce the official ticket or official ticket number will prevent the name change and entry to fish.
- Golden Reel Angling Ltd representative will not enter into any dispute in relation to ownership of tickets
We suggest you only purchase tickets from reputable resellers.